Good sleep is extremely important for your overall health. Without quality sleep, you may be prone to diseases and mental disorders. Eventually, your quality of life and functioning will slow down. Don't worry! There are many ways to ensure good sleep. But we will only talk about how your sleeping direction influences your sleep.
Vastu says south is the best direction to sleep. But what is Vastu? Vastu shastra is a myriad of concepts such as design, structure, space arrangement, geometry, and much more applied to the construction of buildings, homes, educational institutions, offices, etc.
The two fundamental components of Vastu shastra are shapes of structures and directions. Shapes can be square, rectangle, bar, wheel, etc. Also, directions are NE, NW, SE, and SW. Vastu Shastra is a harbinger of peace, joy, and financial security. It helps you have peace of mind that gets lost in the buzz of daily life. We have known the reliability of Vastu Shashtra. Now, let's talk about why the south is the best direction to sleep?
How is South the Best Direction to Sleep?
Let's look at some of the solid reasons why the south is the suitable sleeping direction.
- Even animals like cattle sleep or eat with their heads in the south direction and feet in the north direction. It comes naturally to them. Also, when people sleep with their heads pointing towards the south and feet towards the north, their blood pressure falls, and they can sleep better.
- Every human has a magnetic field. A magnetic field is a region surrounding a human or an object within which magnetic force acts. And when your sleeping position direction is south, you are aligning your body's magnetic field with that of Earth. This way, you won't have filthy headaches and blood pressure concerns.
- It is generally bad to sleep in other directions; Vastu Shastra says. For instance, if you sleep with your head in the north direction, you are paving the way for tension, headaches, anxiety, depression, insomnia, etc. To avoid sleeping or other mental disorders, the south is the best sleeping direction as per Vastu.
- Furthermore, sleeping in the south direction will help you reach REM sleep earlier, which is essential for cognitive functioning. REM means rapid eye movement. During this REM sleep stage, your eyes move in different directions but don't send any pictures to your brain. In this stage, you will have intense dreams and your learning capacity and memory improve. That's why the suitable and the best sleeping position Vastu is South.
- Toxic thoughts are generally automatic, distorted, unhelpful, believable, and intrusive. If you are facing repetitive toxic thoughts, you may be prone to serious mental disorders, like OCD, anxiety, depression, chronic stress, etc. There is a solution to get rid of toxic thoughts and that is sleeping in the south direction. South is the best direction to sleep for getting rid of toxic and negative thinking patterns. You will wake up every morning with a fresh mind and face.
- Heart health is important for the best functioning of the body. It supplies blood and oxygen to the body. Poor heart health can be a magnet for diverse diseases. According to Vastu Shastra, the south sleeping position direction can help you with improving your heart health and eliminating heart health problems.
- Who doesn't want wealth and abundance? Some people say money can't buy happiness. But with money, you can travel, eat delicious food, and buy better experiences. According to Vastu Shashtra, the south sleeping direction is a gateway for wealth and abundance. So, you shouldn't skip this golden opportunity.
- With proper sleep, your body releases essential hormones. Hormones are essential for your body systems as in they promote growth, sexual development, metabolism, thirst, etc. Any imbalances in them might lead to diabetes, thyroid, PCOS, etc. Deep sleep help with the regulation of hormones. So, go for the south-- the best sleeping position Vastu.
Also Read :Vastu For Your Bedroom
Some Other Vastu Shashtra Sleep Tips
Apart from suggesting the best direction to sleep, Vastu Shastra also recommends other ways to promote good sleep. Let's have a look at them.
You should place your bed against the wall, but not under the windows to promote good sleep. Also, make sure that the position of the bed should be such that you can see the door. It makes you feel empowered and in control. Furthermore, don't sleep in the coffin position, which means your feet pointing toward your door. This sleeping direction is considered to be unlucky.
Get rid of clutter
Clutter can ruin good energy flow. When you get rid of clutter from your home, you are making space for good energy to enter and beautify your room's atmosphere. Also, when we see that there is enough distance between objects, we tend to become emotionally healthy. Last but not least, remove electronics from your bedroom as it will invite good sleep. In short, apart from sleeping position direction, management of clutter is important too.
Add artwork to your room
Adding a painting or artwork to your room is no less than refreshment. The major benefit of adding art to your bedroom is that it will encourage healing and support longer and better lives. Briefly, art is good for your mental and emotional health. The artworks to consider for your room include paintings, sculptures, crayon work, paper art, pencil art, etc. You can even add indoor plants to your room as they happen to purify the air of the place where they are kept.
Repaint your bedroom
There are certain colour themes for each direction to promote the flow of positive energy. For the east, use green colour - it promotes creation and development. For the west, use white or grey--it promotes money. For the south, use red--it promotes power. For north, use black--it promotes smooth communication. Use these colours to make your room energy full.
No phones before hitting the sack
Mobile phones are part and parcel of life. Without them, our life seems dull and black and white. Isn't it? But having your mobile phone beside you while you are about to sleep may mess with your sleep. The blue light emitted by your mobile phone inhibits the production of melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that regulates your sleep-wake cycle. You will find it tough to fall asleep. If you cannot sleep well at night, it will be very difficult to go about your day and be productive the next day.
According to Vastu Shashtra, the south is the best direction to sleep. Sleeping in this direction will bring peace and calmness to your mind and you will feel energetic and relaxed all day long. You will have good health and attract a lot of wealth and abundance.