Wooden Pillars Design: Trendy Or Traditional Wooden Pillars
Space is a premium these days, whether you buy a house or apartment. So, savvy homeowners often try to make the most of the available space by introducing sleek and smart furniture items. This is the reason why a wooden pillar has become immensely popular as a decorative and functional accent. From ornate elegance to modern simplicity, any wooden pillars design can be the attention-grabbing statement piece of your home. Using custom built or intricately carved wooden pillar design for home is one of the best possible ways to make the exterior and interior of your home self-defining in terms of grace and beauty. Available in both trendy and traditional avatars at Woodsala, these pillars are easy to accommodate anywhere you want and can hold a variety of objects to reduce clutter and make any room look stunning.
So, first take a look at the popular wooden pillar designs you can bring home:
Simple, rustic and white-washed – Handcrafted from solid wood and polished painstakingly to lend a rustic appeal, this simple yet elegant pillar will liven up any modern or vintage-style room. You can place a single pillar in one corner of a room, or place two of these on either side of a chic sofa, or arrange a pair on either side of your main entrance for the best effect. This wooden pillar is extremely sturdy and durable too.
Rustic, slim and grey-white – Here is another stylish wooden pillar design that can go well with contemporary rooms, country-style rooms or even those that boast fusion décor schemes. Sleek, with a hint of green around the base and top, this pillar can augment the look of your living room, dining room, bedroom or even the study. This grey-white beauty can be placed against both light and dark-coloured walls.
Dark, beautifully carved and traditional – If you are looking for traditional wooden pillars, this one will easily steal the show with its robust, solid design, curved contours and the ethnic top inspired by temple architecture. You can place a pair of these on either side of your prayer room door for a unique look. These can be placed on either side of your main entrance as well, and used for hanging bags and umbrellas. You can also place one of these traditional pillars in a corner of your bedroom to hang up clothes or accessories like hats and belts.
Areas Where You Can Place Wooden Pillars:
You can place a decorative wooden pillar anywhere in your home, on the outside, porch, or interior, but placing them in some strategic areas will accentuate your space more elegantly. Here are a few places and corners of your home, where you can incorporate one or two wooden pillars designs-
- Foyer: Modern homeowners and interior designers all agree that a wooden pillar or column can transform a simple foyer into a grand one! It’s the one simple feature that effortlessly elevates the grandeur of the entrance to your home. Wood pillars in the entrance provide an unforgettable first impression to guests, besides adding functionality by supporting the structure and creating an open floor plan. You can also pick a hall room pillar design to further incorporate pillars leading to the hallway from the foyer. If you incorporate a half column/half wall combination style in the hallway, it will exude a vibe of classic hospitality.
- Fireplace: If your living room or drawing room has a fireplace, it should be the focal feature of the space. If you feel something is missing, and your fireplace is not living up to its full potential, try adding a pair of wooden pillars design on either side, and see the magic! The pillars will perfectly complement your fireplace by giving it a regal look and a touch of authenticity. Just like the smell of burning wood coming from your fireplace fills your room with a cosy warmth, the wood pillars design of the fireplace will effortlessly accentuate the entire room with an ageless aura. Whether your current mantel is focused on modern simplicity or timeless detailing, you can choose from various home pillar designs or custom-built options, to match or update your existing fireplace and mantel ensemble.
- Kitchen and Dining Room: In the recent years, the popularity of open living spaces has shot up significantly. The modern homeowner’s desire for fewer walls and more space has prompted this. However, bare walls without borders can be a designing challenge, as it can leave your room looking incomplete. Here, wood pillars or columns come in handy to create an elegant feel. If you prefer a minimalistic look, try to fill up empty spaces with modern simplistic white columns or pillar colour design, matching or contrasting the colour scheme of your kitchen and dining spaces. These kinds of pillars lend a feeling of spaciousness and add a touch of character too.
How to Style Wooden Pillars:
Here are some ways in which you can utilise wooden pillars and also boost their charm:
- Feel free to place a simple bowl of fresh fruits on a wooden pillar, if you are placing it in the living or dining room. You can also position a classy vase of vibrant flowers on it or a small planter with lush creepers overflowing on all sides.
- If the pillars are flanking a doorway, once again, you can place elegant vases or pots on these, or even a pair of sculptures. Thick candles or small collectibles can be placed on these too, to lend personality to your foyer.
- If you choose to place identical pillars on either side of your bed, you can use them to organise small trinkets, reading glasses and a small bottle of water. Family photos, a book, medicines and a few snacks can also be kept on these.
- When it comes to wooden pillar decoration, no matter where it is placed, fragrant floral garlands or string lights can be wrapped around these for a striking appearance. You can especially try this tip if you are placing a pillar at the base of a staircase or in the foyer.
All in all, buying a wooden pillar online will help you save up on a lot of floor area without compromising on storage or aesthetic needs. All you have to do is decide where you want to place these and keep the dimensions of the room or hall in mind. These pillars are a very easy way to add character and style to any home. All these ideas of wooden pillar designs for home will help spark your imagination and turn it into reality, whether you go online or offline to explore designs. Just make sure you opt for top quality wood that lasts for decades.
Read Also - Trendy Bed Frame Ideas for 2020