Vastu Shastra provides a detailed account of the significance of directions for keeping various things in our house. One of the things that should particularly be placed as per the guidelines stated in Vastu is our refrigerator. A refrigerator is used to store our food and drinks that are directly linked to our health. Thus, if the refrigerator is kept in the wrong direction then it can impact our health adversely. It can also create a shortage of food in the house and impact other aspects of life including the overall well-being of the family members.
In this article, we shall provide detailed information about the correct fridge position as per Vastu. In addition to this, you will also learn the significance of colour for refrigerator as per this ancient Indian science. So, let’s get started!
Fridge Direction as Per Vastu
As per Vastu, your refrigerator should be placed in the southwest corner of your kitchen. This enables the flow of positive energy. The south-east direction is also ideal for refrigerator. You can also keep the fridge in the west, northwest and north direction if the south west or the south east direction is not available.
Different directions invoke different energies and can impact your lives differently. Here is how placing your fridge in different directions can affect you:
- Placing the fridge in the west direction can improve family relations and bring in prosperity.
- The south west fridge position as per Vastu brings peace and harmony.
- When the placement of the fridge door is such that it opens in the east zone then it is said to bring in a positive change in your life.
The east and northeast directions are not considered good for placing refrigerator. Thus, these should be avoided at all cost else you may experience trouble. Besides, it should not be placed in front of a door as doing so can raise financial issues.
Significance of Colour for Refrigerator
Here are the colours that are considered good for your refrigerator as per Vastu. If you are planning to purchase a new one or get your old one painted to give it a refreshing new look then consider the following points to invite good luck and well being in your house:
- Metallic white and cream shades are known to be a great option for refrigerators.
- Shades of blue are also good for refrigerators.
- Green colour is considered good with a wooden look.
Other Vastu Tips for Fridge
In addition to the colour and fridge direction as per Vastu, you must take care of the below mentioned Vastu tips for fridge:
- It is to be noted that the fridge isn’t placed too close to the wall. It should be positioned a few inches away from it.
- Proper distance must also be maintained between the refrigerator and the gas stove.
- The refrigerator should be kept clean and tidy at all times. A cluttered fridge invites negative energy and results in various problems at home.
- Anything that is good for your family’s nutrition should be stored in the refrigerator and consumed timely. Throwing it away can have a negative impact on the family members.
- As per Vastu, water should be kept in the refrigerator at all times as it boosts growth. Even during winters, you must keep a bottle of water in the fridge. Moreover, your fridge should be stocked up with green and red coloured vegetables and milk for overall growth and well-being.
- Many people place a lot of things on the top of their fridge which is again wrong as per Vastu. It is suggested not to place too many things on the top. If you require placing a few essential items on it then make sure they aren’t cluttered. They must be organized in a systematic manner.
Vastu for Fridge in Dining Room
While many people prefer placing the refrigerator in the kitchen, several others require keeping it in the lobby area or the dining room due to space constraint. There is no harm in placing the fridge in the dining room as per Vastu however one must pay particular attention to the direction in which it is kept. Vastu for fridge in dining room suggests placing it in the south east direction of the room.
Also Read :Home Vastu For Puja Room
The ideal fridge direction according to Vastu is the south west direction. It is best to place it in a way that the door faces the east direction when opened. West, northwest and north directions are also considered good for the placement of refrigerator. However, the east and northeast direction must be avoided.
Refrigerators in metallic white and cream hues and shades of blue are considered good as per the ancient Indian science. If the position of the refrigerator is not correct in your house then we recommend making necessary changes immediately to improve the overall health and well-being of your family members. You should also consider changing its colour.